Windows-file virus scanning for Samba/Linux?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Wed Mar 5 14:29:55 EST 2003

In a message dated: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:09:44 EST
Jason Stephenson said:

>I just spent a few minutes looking into this because I could swear that
>one of the "big guys" in anti-virus software has such a beast. However,
>after just a few minutes on the Symantec and McAfee sites, I've given up.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who went down this route :)

>These are studies in how not to design a web site,

Ayup!  That's exactly what I thought too!

>In a quick Google search, I found these other that claim to have
>anti-virus software for Linux. I assume it will do what you want:
>
>http://www.bitdefender.com/index.php
>http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/savunix.html
>
>TrendMicro apparently has something, too. They're in Germany.

Hmm, I think I knew about bitdefender, I've heard of Sophos (mostly
from ads on NPR) but didn't know they had a Linux version, and I've
never heard of TrendMicro.  I'll check them out.

Thanks,
--

Seeya,
Paul