Top posting

David Andrew - Sun MDE David.Andrew at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 7 12:06:35 EST 2003

Hi folks,

Just my opinion - there's more than one "correct" way to go here ...

I would personally much rather see top posting, even if it was only a
line saying "comments interleaved", where applicable.

If everyone top-posted, the thread would be intact, and it would save a
lot of wasted time searching through the message to get the part added
with the new e-mail.  It seems to me that the most important part of an
individual message is usually what's been added, not the history. If
someone wants to see the history, it's there, but not in the way of easy
and quick processing of messages in a thread.

I'd also like to see the elimination of the 12 to 16 extraneous lines in
the messages received from this alias, so I could see the 1 or 2 line
message without having to page down.

Cheers,

Dave