SCO sues IBM over Linux

David Long dave at jumpshift.com
Mon Mar 10 12:55:57 EST 2003

> This is not a strategy any business leader would willingly follow and funding
> a huge lawsuit against IBM could cost them tens of millions per year.

It could also be a situation like the OSF faced many years ago when Sun
was secretly funding some company (name escapes me) to sue the OSF
(can't remember the complaint either).  When the lawyers demanded that
the secret source of funding be revealed (under the right to face your
accusers in court) Sun got some bad press.  Apparently not much though
since I can't locate a record of this on the web.

So maybe Microsoft is secretly funding SCO just to cause problems.
Would not surprise me at all.

-dl

--
David A. Long