Yet another reason to avoid Microsoft server products...

Blake, Chris cblake at cswcasa.com
Mon Mar 17 16:06:17 EST 2003

There was a change in the domain controller config between NT4 and 2000.  In
NT you had 1 Primary Domain Controller (PDC)and >=0 Backup Domain
Controllers (BDC).  In 2000, there is no PDC/BDC arrangement - they're
peers.

While a 2000 server can exist peacefully on an older NT domain, and
vice-versa, it can't do so as a DC because the way it handles domains is
different.

Sorry for the MS Tangent

CLBlake