OT: Good (but probably controversial) tune

Paul Iadonisi pri.nhlug at iadonisi.to
Thu Mar 20 15:02:34 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 02:55:46PM -0500, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, at 2:47pm, pri.nhlug at iadonisi.to wrote:
> > It's an asx file, but the asf file contained within is playable with xine
> > (and probably with mplayer), though you might need the win32 codecs available
> > at the mplayer site.
>
>   And for those of us who don't have all that crap on our PCs, is it
> available in an open format?
>
>   I might point out the irony of complaining about a content distribution
> monopoly while using a software monopoly's format.  :-)

  Zing!  Heh, you got me.  Sorry, that's the file I was pointed to.  The
guy who pointed me to it said you could probably do a google for
'darryl worley' and 'have you forgotten' and find an mpeg or some other
more open format.  Or maybe try gnutella.  I'll poke around and post a
a link if I find a better format.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator