[OT] help w/ bitwise comparison operators

Erik Price eprice at ptc.com
Fri Mar 21 11:39:19 EST 2003

Kevin D. Clark wrote:

> My advice:  convert your numbers to binary for the exam, and know that
> in the Real World after school, people tend to let the computer do the
> work for them.  But it *is* important for you to have this skill.

Thanks Kevin, and to everyone else who gave me suggestions.  I have
learned some good tips, and also that what I really needed to learn was
not shortcuts for using bitwise operators, but rather "shortcuts"
(techniques, really) for converting between decimals, hex, and octal to
binary and back.  Which I feel a lot more comfortable with doing now.

Erik