Koffice under Redhat 8

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Sun Mar 23 09:45:26 EST 2003

Hi all - I've just started playing with Red Hat 8.  I've got a couple of
businesses that I've convinced to give linux a try and so far they all
like it.  (Yes, including bluecurve *grin*)

In any case, one of them had used linux a little bit already and had
some kword documents that they wanted to use.  Easy enough I figure -
just install the koffice rpms and any dependencies that show up and all
should be well, right?

Not so, unfortunately.

I set up a RH 8 machine here at home to verify that the problem wasn't
something wrong with the machine at that office, and it is not.  Here's
what happens:

[alyssa at leela alyssa]$ kspread
DCOPServer up and running.
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
[alyssa at leela alyssa]$ Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.

Anybody have any thoughts?  Thanks in advance...

--
"In modern society, the opposite of courage is not cowardice; it is
conformity."  -- Rollo May

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc