What Excites You?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Mon Mar 24 16:28:56 EST 2003

  md> I know that some people like The Gimp, and I know that Paul
  md> Lussier likes GNUcash, but what other Open Source programs do
  md> you think are either stellar, close to stellar, or rapidly
  md> approaching stellar?

I have to say, that though I love GnuCash as an app, the thing I love
most about Linux is it's total flexibility to get whatever job that
needs doing done quickly, efficiently, and with a level of stability
that I never question.

Whether I need a desktop system for home use, a web server at work, a
DNS server, or I need to burn CDs of music just down-loaded from the
web, Linux *always* come through with flying colors.

Part of what make Linux my first choice for a solution is the stellar
support I know I can count on receiving.  Linux is more than an OS,
it's a community of people who enjoy solving problems and helping
each other.  I don't get that with Microsoft, Sun, HP, or SGI.
--

Seeya,
Paul