AOL now rejecting mail from Comcast residential IPs.

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Mon Mar 31 13:12:04 EST 2003

Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> Spammers are like litterbugs.  When I see litter, I pick it up.  If I
> see enough garbage, I complain.  If the spammer continues this
> practice, and gets find and or imprisoned, I say that's a good start.
> But I don't think that putting on rose-colored glasses and ignoring
> the problem (filtering) is the ultimate right answer.

I don't think the current measures are working, either. I just like most
of the proposals I've heard even less. Spammers don't need to go to
jail. I'd rather live with the cost of filtering and IP blocking than
have to deal with the consequences of a law enforcement regime imposed
on email. The world needs less fascism, not more.

It scares me that America has become the land where people say, "there
oughta be a law," before the go looking for other solutions.