Did the 802.11g standard issue?

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Mon May 5 09:09:25 EDT 2003

Just about every WiFi company out there is making 802.11g stuff, and yes,
it's all non-standard, and they all have their own little tweaks and
changes. Some prioritize g over b or vice versa to better on reviews. I
wouldn't mess with g yet until it gets all fixed.

One nice thing about g is that it is backwards compatible with b, so if you
have a g access point people with b cards can get on it and vice versa :)