suggestions for CVS use

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Wed May 7 14:03:32 EDT 2003

In a message dated: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:14:55 EDT
Jason Stephenson said:

>I believe this book is out of print, but the CVS reference chapters were
>available on the web under the GPL. The other chapters that discuss
>methodology and are thin on CVS-specific reference were not. [Actually,
>it turns out that the publisher went out of business. Which is a shame,
>'cause they published some really good books.]

Additionally, the author's contract has expired, and he is in the
process of making the *entire* book available under GPL.

>Here's the author's web site: http://www.red-bean.com/~kfogel/index.html
>
>Here's the site for the book where you can download the free chapters:
>http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/

As a side note, Karl is also one of the lead developers of
Subversion, and there's a corresponding, but much better written
Subversion book here:

	http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
--

Seeya,