Off topic: UPS repair

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed May 7 17:05:56 EDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003, at 3:37pm, jbd at codemeta.com wrote:
> Does anyone know of someplace that could repair an APC Matrix 5000 UPS?
> The one I have at home won't go out of bypass mode.

  CBM (Coastal Business Machines).  They are *the* repair company for APC
equipment.  For larger UPSes (like a Matrix), getting them to recondition
your old UPS is often quite a bit cheaper than replacing it with a new one.

  You call them and give them your UPS model and part number.  They ship out
empty boxes, complete with packing material, a pre-paid return shipping
label, and instructions.  They get your unit, evaluate it, and give you a
quote.  At that point, you can go ahead with the repair, or turn it in for
the APC Trade-UPS program, tell them to keep it, or pay to have it shipped
back.  You don't pay until you make a decision.  Oh, and the conditioned
unit is warrantied.

  I've worked with them several times; they're great.

  http://www.cbmi.com   888-2-FIX-UPS   info at cbmi.com

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>