suggestions for CVS use

Erik Price eprice at ptc.com
Thu May 8 11:30:34 EDT 2003

pll at lanminds.com wrote:

>   Erik> My sysadmin wants to wait for a "stable" announcement for now,
>   Erik> which is fine by me.
>
> Define 'stable' please.
>
> I've been using svn since 0.14 or so, and it's been quite stable.
> Is it "1.0".  No, but that's because there are some features they've
> earmarked for the 1.0 mile-stone which are not complete.  But that
> doesn't mean it's not stable.

His words, hence the quotes.  I did read what everyone wrote about svn's
stability, which is why I'm going to try it out locally -- it sounds
awesome.  But I get more features from the account on my friend's server
at no cost than I would from a hosting service at $39/month, so I'm not
going to push him.

Erik