PaperKlip or 'Web-URL Actions'

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett at buzgate.org
Wed May 14 12:59:36 EDT 2003

I don't know how or why it happened, but it turns out that new KDE
desktops have this _extremely_ annoying "feature" that reminds one of
the MS Office 'Clippy' guy that drove so many souls insane.

The new Klipper Clipboard tool pops into your face anytime you highlight
a http:// string... which is about every few seconds if you're a web
developer... and takes focus away from whatever you were attempting to
do.  Klipper must know better than I what I wanted to do in the first
place.  The worst part is that the GUI interface to this feature does
not identify itself as Klipper, nor does it offer any method for turning
it off.  So, you end up searching for 1/2 hour to find out what setting
on which application is causing so much distraction.

In case any of you out there find yourselves suffering at the hands of
this antagonist, just press 'Alt-Ctrl-X' to disable it, or right-click
on the Klipper icon in the panel to disable 'Actions'

- Greg