global search and replace

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed May 14 15:05:16 EDT 2003

On 13 May 2003, at 12:24pm, greg.rundlett at buzgate.org wrote:
> Exactly what I was talking about.  I don't want to _open_ a huge number of
> files, I just want to edit them (hehe).

  Wouldn't that be one of the one-liners people have been throwing around,
then?  You said you wanted it in the editor.  I'm confused.

> Thanks to Jason Stephenson, I now know of KFileReplace.  It is a KDE
> graphical utility for doing exactly what I want.

  Ah.  Screenshots make things clearer.  I take it the distinquishing
characteristic you are after is the fact that it shows you a "preview" of
every file change (and just the changes), which you can then review.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>