Matrix Reloaded (SPOILERS)

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Fri May 16 09:10:45 EDT 2003

Tilly, Lawrence wrote:
> Hey, at least it was Unix-like in appearance.  Look at how much TV or
> movies try to make someone out to be a serious computer hacker, only
> to show the screen and see that they're running W2K with some "cool"
> wallpaper...
>
> -Lawrence

Actually, what usually happens is they're running some unidentifiable
garbage, usually a DOS-mode game dressed up to look like a login prompt
that plays ominous music and flashes a skull and cross bones for the
first two failed login attempts. Fortunately for our would-be hacker,
most users pick really stupid passwords.