Bizarre bash problem

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Tue May 27 09:25:17 EDT 2003

pll at lanminds.com writes:

> Oh yeah, which is there, and it's an external command.  Though it
> happens to be a 'csh' script, which is most likely the problem!

Personally, as somebody who tries to use csh-derived shells as little
as possible, and as somebody who uses many different Unices, I never
use "which".  I reason that since which tends to read .cshrc files
to determine the PATH, that the output of which is never as reliable
as I could get via other methods.  I'd hate to let an old, unused
.cshrc file lead me to bad information.

Regards,

--kevin
--
[The distinction between 'continuants' and 'occurrents'] answers to
the traditional distinction between substances and events. The