Audio CD Creating

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed May 28 12:37:35 EDT 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003, at 10:19am, pll at lanminds.com wrote:
> If it's not live stuff, then try 'cdrecord', which is a command-line
> program and can be invoked as such:

  You need to convert the Ogg file to CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio, AKA
"Red book audio") format first.  cdrecord needs CDDA, or something very
close to it (e.g., .WAV).  You also need to specify the "-audio" switch, or
the tracks will get written as data tracks.

  I don't use GUI tools for this sort of thing, and it seemed that was
desired, so I didn't respond to the OP.  But, if command-line tools will do,
the general form will be something like this:

	ogg123 -d wav -f song1.wav song1.ogg
 	ogg123 -d wav -f song2.wav song2.ogg
	cdrecord -audio song1.wav song2.wav

--