PERC3 Di RAID controller?

Thomas Charron tcharron at ductape.net
Thu May 29 14:29:15 EDT 2003

> Hi all,
> Someone here is trying to install RH7.2 on a Dell 2650 which has 5
> SCSI drives and a PERC3/Di RAID controller.  Has anyone successfully
> done this?  The person (who is likely clueless) claims he can't find
> any drives.

  He prolly can't.  Those raid controllers require a special driver.  I
was unable to find a RH boot disk that supported them.  I installed
debian using one of the alternate install disks.

  There is mention of the PERC raid controllers in the 7.2 docs, but it
didnt help ME much...

  If I recall, the module was aaraid or something, and isn't included with
7.2, and wasnt with debians disks either..

  If issues persist, I can dig up some more data..