Picking the MCLX carcass

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Sat Nov 1 16:03:31 EST 2003

If anybody asks, I might deny having said this,
but the leftovers from Mission Critical Linux
(those which haven't yet been auctioned) are
being disposed of and it's probably a good
scavenging opportunity.

I was helping with the cleanout this morning and
was personally responsible for tossing lots stuff
that seemed genuinely valuable into the dumpster,
feeling the whole time I'm gonna burn in hell for
committing such egregious acts of wastefulness.
Stuff like 19" rack mount trays, expensive SCSI
cables (wide, fast, deep, LV, LVD, round, flat,
etc) and enet cables, various brackets, slides,
manuals, CDs, bags of screws and other hardware,
etc, etc - basically, all the sorts of random
detritus you'd expect from the demise of a
typical computer company.

I gathered some of the smaller goodies into
a box that I intend to bring to some upcoming
GNHLUG meeting at Martha's for the hordes to paw
through, but (IMHO, at least) there's stuff in
that dumpster that should meet a better fate
than being entombed in some landfill.  Also,
there's still some stuff (including servers,
UPS's, monitors, keyboards, etc) available
for sale (or maybe even for the taking) in the
adjoining storage space until tomorrow evening
when that space must be emptied.

Unfortunately, some bonehead has midnight-dumped
some of his furniture into MCLX's dumpster,
which not only takes up valuable space but makes
it even more dangerous and strenuous to dig
around in the dumpster, but if the weather is
nice and you're in the neighborhood of the Boott
Cotton Mills (100 Foot of John Street in Lowell,
where the Boardinghouse Park outside stage is,
across from Lowell High School) and you happen
to be walking by the dumpster that's near the
place where the trolley tracks go under the 4th
story walkover bridge between the mill buildings
by the canal, you might want to have a peek.
And if you're in that neighborhood around noon
tomorrow (Sunday) you might even be able to get
inside the storage facility to have a look at
what's still available.

NOTE WELL: I am not an authorized representative
of Mission Critical Linux and do not speak for
them.  I'm just reporting what I believe to be
true on a channel where I believe it possible
that interested parties might be listening.
You can phone John at 508-579-6542 if you want
a more official view of the situation...