bash redirection question

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Sun Nov 9 23:50:58 EST 2003

Bob Bell writes:

> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 05:15:30PM -0500, Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> > Steven W. Orr writes:
> > > Another way to go is for your C program to fork and exec a child
> > process > to be the tee. Then the shell script would also inherit
> > the stdout/stderr > descriptors which are also shared (inherited) by
> > the tee process.
>
> > You lost me here.  I'm pretty sure that anything down this particular
> > path won't work.
>
> I think Steven's mentioning a method that is similar to what I wrote
[interesting stuff elided]

Well, if you got this from Steven's post, then apparently I didn't
interpret what he wrote the same way that you did.

Water under the bridge, I guess.

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)