[gnhlug-announce] CentraLUG tonight: Knoppix STD

David J Berube djberube at berubeconsulting.com
Mon Nov 10 13:39:18 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

Tonight is having a demonstration of the Knoppix  security  tools
distribution - a live CD version of linux, with an  emphasis on
security tools. It's pretty cool - it comes with a a  whole slew of
things on there - port scanners like nmap, security  auditing tools,
exploits, etc, and it can be used to replace much  more expensive
security tools and to find security holes in networks  ranging in size
from home networks to large corporations. There'll  be light
refreshments there, as well. (i.e.  caffeine. ;))

You can get directions here:

http://www.nhti.net/frames_Map.html

It's in the Library/Learning Center/Bookstore, marked as "I" on that
map. The room is 145, and it starts at 7:00.

Thanks, and I hope to see you there,

David J Berube
Berube Consulting
djberube at berubeconsulting.com