Verizon email problems

Chris Brenton cbrenton at chrisbrenton.org
Wed Nov 12 10:12:57 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 10:12, Joshua S. Freeman wrote:
> I'll go back and change the serial number and restart named but I swear
> that I made those changes are restarted named yesterday!

A slick little trick, use a reverse date format like so:

200311121

So its:
4 digit year
2 digit month
2 digit day
1 digit for the change number on that day

This way you don't have to guess when you last made changes or updated
your serial number.

Maybe a meeting night that discusses basic Bind as well as how to use
host and whois is in order? Some might find this helpful.

HTH,