Verizon email problems

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Wed Nov 12 14:20:24 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 13:15, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, at 1:24pm, jfreeman at threeofus.com wrote:
> > i've made those changes and updated the file and posted a copy at
> > http://monica.threeofus.com/gmi/touhosts2.txt
>
>   Okay, things are looking better.  Reverse DNS for 199.232.38.4 now comes
> back with a valid, if possibly non-standard, response:

Has this been true all along? (I just discovered the -l option to host
and saw the entries [someone lobotomized nslookup - but that's another
story] - so I really don't know if they were there before or not - it
was just an empirical conclusion.) If so, then Josh didn't have to ask
gnaps to update their reverse DNS!

I curious because I'd like to know if I was leading Josh astray or not.

Thanks,
--Bruce