Comcast to raise prices again?

Scott Garman sgarman at einstein.unh.edu
Mon Nov 24 23:47:22 EST 2003

Interestingly, just today in the mail I received a mailing from Comcast,
that says on the front that it is for Dover, Madbury, Rollinsford, and
Somersworth. Here are their "new" 2004 prices for broadband internet
access, which will probably raise a few eyebrows. I got rid of my
television years ago, I just use Comcast for their broadband internet
services.

Comcast High-Speed Internet
When purchased with other Comcast cable/phone service: $42.95/mo.
Standalone internet service: $57.95/mo.
Cable modem rental fee: $3/mo.

***High-Speed Home Networking - NEW!***
When purchased with other Comcast cable/phone service: $52.95/mo.
Standalone internet service: $67.95/mo.
Gateway lease: $5/mo.

So they really do intend to charge more ($10/mo. more, specifically) for
home networks of "up to five computers," says the fine print explaining
what the new "Home Networking" service is.

I currently pay $60.95/mo. plus taxes (I rent my cable modem), so I
assume the price increase mentioned in the Union Leader applies to cable
television subscribers. That is, unless Comcast can really tell that I
have multiple computers connected to my cable modem and will start
charging me $10 more per month!

Scott

--
Scott Garman