Allowing remote root login

Dan Coutu coutu at snowy-owl.com
Mon Oct 13 15:58:45 EDT 2003

First of all, I know this isn't a great idea, but it is required
by a specific scenario. Here's the situation:

Got a RedHat 9 system that I need to allow remote telnet logins
to root from the LAN. I had thought that an entry in
/etc/security/access.conf would do the trick but it didn't. I also
went to /etc/xinetd.d and edited the telnet file to enable telnet.
Still no joy.

I must be missing something else but don't know what. A search of
the mail archives turned up nothing. Ideas?
--
Dan Coutu
Managing Director