spam (again -- was Re: Allowing remote root login)

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Thu Oct 16 14:39:40 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 13:35, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 09:51:08AM -0400, Bruce Dawson wrote:
> > I'd like to implore you to, instead of taking the time to complain,
> > take the time to look at the source and propose a fix! You will not
> > only fix a problem, but you'll come away with feeling good about
> > helping things out!
>
> Ordinarily I'd agree with that sentiment, except for one thing:
> There's nothing to be done, except to upgrade.  You're running mailman
> already; the latest version has (fixed) the ability to obscure e-mail
> addresses.

Hmmm. I guess rhn didn't upgrade that. Guess I've got something to do
now...

I've already pointed this out.  You need only run it and
> enable that feature.

Sorry, but I must've missed that posting. I'll see what I can do, and
hope no one complains that the addresses are now obscured.

I can't do that for you; I don't have access, and
> I'm litterally just about as far from any GNHLUG chapter as I can be
> and still be on planet Earth...

Really?! Are you anywhere near Christchurch? Can I get you to run an
errand for me? It involves pulse jets - I was wondering if you could
pick up a nozzle part for me... :-)

But, making the fix is my job - they're my servers and it sounds as if
mailman needs upgrading.

--Bruce