[non-Linux] Recommendations for managed switches

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Fri Oct 17 11:50:57 EDT 2003

I can't comment on a lot of the features that you need, but I will
second Bob Bell's thumbs up on the HP procurves.  I asked this list
about switches a while ago and the procurves seemed to get pretty good
reviews from folks.  We've been running one (unmanaged, just 100 meg
eth) for over a year in a very high (network) traffic area (think more
than one port maxed out on speed for 12+ hours a day) without so much as
a hiccup.

Just my $.02.

--
"Check out Snort. It sounds like a perfect match for you."
-Security Focus's "Security Basics" maillist

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet at code-energy.com