redundant login redundant login

Derek Doucette derek at derek.homeunix.org
Wed Oct 22 11:43:58 EDT 2003

If you have the directives in the httpd.conf, then you don't need a
.htaccess. file.  it is my understanding that .htaccess was designed more
for situations where the httpd.conf is not available to the user.  This
maybe be what is causing the double login, because it is reading the
access restriction from the config file, and then again from .htaccess,
but I am not sure.  I'm sure that there are many other people here who
would know better

Derek Doucette
http://derek.homeunix.org