Re-Hi and a network problem...

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Wed Sep 10 11:47:49 EDT 2003

Hello again!

It's been a while since I've been in any way active in this LUG, but I'm
back...

...and I've come across an error I thought I would never see.

$ ping NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN
connect: No buffer space available
$

The system is a Crusoe TM5600 (Fujitsu P2046) w/ 256MB RAM and running
the latest Mandrake 9.2RC1.(Mandrake's default 2.4.22-1mdk kernel)  It
seems to only give this error on a wired network.  It ran fine the brief
time I used it on my wireless LAN at home.  Not that I'm at work, the
wired ethernet gave me the above error.

The driver for the wired NIC is the 8139too (never had a problem in
older versions...) and the wireless LAN uses the orinoco_pci (even
though it is actually a brand name Prism2 mini pci card...).

Any ideas?

Brian