All .COM / .NET domain names now exist

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Thu Sep 18 09:10:11 EDT 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, at 7:57pm, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
>   As of a little while ago (it is around 7:45 PM US Eastern on Mon 15 Sep
> 2003 as I write this), VeriSign added a wildcard A record to the .COM and
> .NET TLD DNS zones.  The IP address returned is <64.94.110.11>, which
> reverses to <sitefinder.verisign.com>.

  FYI, to anyone who cares and has not already done so: Please send your
feedback on this move to ICANN via email to <comments at icann.org>.  I
recommend being polite and concise.  The reasons why this is bad are
well-published; they don't need them reiterated with every message.

  See also:

  http://www.icann.org
  http://forum.icann.org

--