The "patch"

Jon maddog Hall maddog at li.org
Thu Sep 18 16:50:26 EDT 2003

O.K.

So this was a virus that was sent out by a spoofer.  Thanks to all that
called this to my attention.

And for those who gave me advice not to install it....I thank you, but I
have nothing to install it too, and (as I said in my letter), I would not
install it.

But I will call my Mom&Pop and tell them not to install it, but it may be too
late for them.

For those of you who asked if I was sending one big cynical letter, having
worked for a large corporation, anything is possible.

Interestingly enough, the letter would have been more effective if I had
not gotten the two almost identical letters one after the other.  The
virus spreaders are slipping.

md
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux(R) International

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the US and other countries.