Connecting to Comcast

plussier at mindspring.com plussier at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 23 00:36:56 EDT 2003

>>>>> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, "plussier" == plussier at mindspring.com
>>>>> wrote:

  plussier> The "PC/Activity" light is flashing an awful lot, but it
  plussier> seems to do this even when the interface is down (I'm
  plussier> assuming this is lowlevel link-layer traffic).

I've also noticed that the Send and Receive lights are solid green.
This doesn't seem right to me, as I'd expect them to flash with
traffic.  And, since I know there's no traffic, they shouldn't be
flashing, or even on.

Of course, I've never used this cable modem before, so maybe they are
supposed to be solid all the time.
--

Seeya,
Paul