procmail-fu needed

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Mon Sep 29 09:37:16 EDT 2003

I've got a Debian box with spamassassin, qmail, and procmail installed (leave
the politics of qmail out of the discussion for now).

I want to set up procmail so that mail gets delivered to ~/Maildir by default
for all users.  This would imply that the /etc/procmailrc has something
like the following:

--begin procmailrc--
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
LOGFILE=$HOME/mail.log

:0fw:
| spamassassin -P

:0

:0
$HOME/Maildir/
--end procmailrc--

If I have this as my ~/.procmailrc file, this works fine.  Mail gets
filtered via spamassassin and they get delivered.  But if I set
this up as /etc/procmailrc, the delivered files are owned by root and
not the user it's intended for.

I'm not a procmail guru, so I'm probably missing something.  What is it?

-Mark