ripping software

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Mon Sep 29 16:49:55 EDT 2003

Recently I wanted to rip some of my CDs to mp3 format.  Being a
"command-line" sort of person, and also being impatient, I wondered
"hasn't anybody created a command-line utility to rip CD'S to mp3's
that is smart enough to know about CDDB?".

Perhaps this is a silly question, perhaps everybody and their brother
has a great method for doing this and I am ignorant.  Anyways, I
quickly found a program that does exactly what I want.  The name of
the program is...unfortunate, but I can't complain about the results:

        http://ftso.org/choad/index1.html

The fact this this program is written in Perl is a nice bonus,
methinks.  (-:

Anyways, I just wanted to let other people know about this useful
program.

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)