On Nh living and commutes..

Michael Costolo mcostolo at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 08:59:01 EDT 2004

--- Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org> wrote:
> I think the certainty of this is very questionable, unless you're only
> talking about marginal amounts.  Even with the road widened, there
> will still be bottlenecks in some key places.  There's also a
> possibility that more people will start using the road, leaving the
> situation as bad as it ever was.

Perhaps, but they've specifically addressed much of that.  For example, at the
interchange with 495, the highway has been divided intentionally in the new scheme
so that 3/495 interchange traffic will be spatially seperated from the thru traffic.
 The road goes from 2 lanes to 5 in each direction (3 for thru traffic and 2 for the
495 interchange).  It is hard for me to imagine the certainty of this impacting the
traffic positively being "questionable."

95/128 might very well be a different story.  But probably not for those of us who
don't go past Chelmsford.

-Mike-

=====
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"
-George Bernard Shaw