1U servers..

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Tue Apr 27 10:56:01 EDT 2004

This thread makes me ache; last July we were essentially
giving used 1U servers away free while trying to dispose of
the assets of Mission Critical Linux.  They had commodity
motherboards in the 400-800MHz range equipped w/commodity
peripherals including CD, floppy, USB, Enet, etc - not
bleeding edge stuff but not bad - they'd probably have met
your requirements or at least given you a base system that
could have been cheaply upgrade, so I'm sorry to report that
a fair pile of that gear went into the dumpster.  Aaaaaarrggh!