FOSS group in education

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Tue Apr 27 23:12:01 EDT 2004

    Anyone know anything about this?  This is a thread that has gone back
and forth a few times, but I just caught this blurb in the state Dept. of
Education's EdTech newsletter:

======================================
OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
======================================

http://gnss.majen.net/

Open Source Software Group

The following information comes from an open source software group in New
Hampshire: "The Greater Nashua Sustainable Software (GNSS) is a non-profit
group of IT professionals who are offering free consulting about Open Source
Software and Free Software (OSS/FS) to schools in the greater Nashua area.
Their goal is to raise the awareness and appropriate adoption of OSS/FS in
non-profit organizations. There is never any charge for GNSS services. They
are offering their services 1) to help schools learn about OSS/FS, 2) to
help schools plan implementations of OSS/FS in their networks and
classrooms, and 3) to train the existing network administrators (as
necessary) to maintain their OSS/FS systems. (They are not interested in
long-term support, but rather in enabling schools to become quickly
self-sufficient in their use of OSS/FS.) For more information about GNSS,
visit their website at http://gnss.majen.net/ and contact them via email at
gnss-consult at majen.net ."

--
  How many Iraqis do we have to kill before we figure out that
  Iraqis do not want us in their country?  US troops home now!