samba problems

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Aug 2 22:09:00 EDT 2004

On Aug 1, 2004, at 08:08, c.e.smith wrote:

>  had a 6.0 disk and it didn't properly install so I reverted back to
> known
> good configuration.
> all I want to do is turn this old machine into a file storage unit for
> my
> home network.
> any advice??

If there are any vectors from the Internet to your home network I'd be
concerned about potential security issues.  They haven't issued errata
on 5.1 for a long time.

I was going to look up the date, but they so don't support it that even
the list of old errata is unavailable:

http://www.redhat.com/security/archives.html

If you're anywhere near Plainfield I'd be happy to make you a set of
Fedora Core 1 discs, the latest reasonably stable release I have.

-Bill
----
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Text: bill+text at bfccomputing.com