Is there a Knoppix equivelent for PowerPC (Mac)?

Bill Freeman f at ke1g.mv.com
Thu Aug 12 15:02:00 EDT 2004

Bill McGonigle writes:
 > On Aug 12, 2004, at 08:21, Bill Freeman wrote:
 >
 > > I'll let you all know how it works if I ever
 > > figure out how to get the drive door to open (the button on the front
 > > panel doesn't do it, could be broken),
 >
 > You can put a straightened paperclip in the little hole below the eject
 > button.  You might need to remove the front bezel to get access to it.
 >
 > I suspect another ATAPI drive could be used in its place if it's dead.

	And indeed the paper clip trick works.  Thanks.  And having
gotten the drive open, it seems to be alive.  Give the drawer a little
push to close it.  (The button still does not work.)  It "mounts"
(whatever the MacOs equivalent is) the CD and shows the files.  It
"rebuil"t "the desktop" and now there is a CD drive ICON, from which I
can eject the CD without the paper clip.

	OTOH, holding/typing the "C" key (from Travis Roy) during boot
doesn't make it boot from the CD.  I wonder if it's firmware predates
bootable CDs.

							Bill