[OT] Gmail..

Paul Iadonisi pri.lugofnh at iadonisi.to
Sat Aug 21 19:14:00 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 12:12, Thomas Charron wrote:
> Well, I've been up and using GMail since Charles Farinella was
> graciouse enough to give me an invite, and now, I can return the
> favor.  I have several GMail invite codes, after an amazingly small
> amount of time actually using GMail.  If anyone really needs one,
> gimme a hollar..

  Okay, consider this my hollar. :-)  I've been waffling (heh, sorry) on
whether or not I'm willing to trust to Gmail, but I'll never know unless
I try (for my least sensitive mail, at least).  One thing that does
concern me is that it's going *away* from what I've worked hard at for a
while...less corporate (however benevolent) control of my data (I run my
own domains, including mail server).  I could elaborate, but I think
it's been discussed ad-nauseum on this list already.
  So if you've still got an invite to spare, I'll be a willing beta
guinea pig.

Note: I use greylisting (but whitelist mailing list addresses), so any
private mail to me will be delayed slightly.  No worry, though I am
aware that google's mailers are a bit broken and don't play well with
greylisting OR smtp-slamming defenses (see sendmail 8.13's new
greet_pause feature), so I've whitelisted google's domains for the time
being.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator