Connecting OO to a remote MySQL server

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Mon Aug 23 21:43:01 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 21:12, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
> On 22 Aug 2004, at 8:49pm, jbd at codemeta.com wrote:
> >> (Yes, I have the appropriate .jar files in my ClassPath under the OO
> >> Security setting).
> > I had a semi-colon instead of a colon in the classpath. Sigh.
>   One of the laws in one of those "Laws of Public Forums" lists is that you
> will only notice your obvious mistake immediately *after* you post about it.

Sigh. I know. Seems to be happening all too often nowadays.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have to vent this: The documentation for
OpenOffice dba *said* that one was to use a semicolon. However, after
thinking about it for a while, I came to the realization that its the
Java VM that was interpreting the CLASSPATH variable, and not OO. Which
is what led me to look at the Classpath definition again.

Clearly, that documentation (what you get when you click on the Help
button) was meant for Windows users and not Linux/Unix users...

Yet another thing that the Linux community needs to fix. Somehow.
Someday. Sigh.

--Bruce