One more Gmail post.

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Sat Aug 28 14:18:00 EDT 2004

 > > in case someone stil lwants a gmail account, my girlfriend and I have
 > > several, (in excess of 10).
 >   LOL..  And I just got 6 more invite codes..

   I wonder if the novelty effect is starting to wear off?  When GMail first
came out there were loud clamors for invitations on quite a few mailing lists
I'm on.  The invitation scheme created a shortage and fed into the buzz about
GMail.  Now that it's been out there a while, the novelty is wearing off.  If
this is true, I guess we'll see open signup sometime in the near future.

   As for me, the privacy issues <http://www.epic.org/privacy/gmail/faq.html>
of GMail are just too great.  While one can always fall back on the "all the
Internet is monitored", I don't want to put another nail into privacy's
coffin merely for a gig of webmail disk space.

 Regards,
 .
 Randy

--
"This [the Bush regime] is the worst government the US has ever had in its
more than 200 years of history." -- Nobel Prize winning economist George