unformat??

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Thu Dec 2 09:58:00 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 09:39:17AM -0500, Benjamin Scott wrote:
> On 30 Nov 2004, at 12:06pm, cfarinella at appropriatesolutions.com wrote:
> >>   Ouch.  Got backups?
> >
> > This *was* my backups.  :-(
>
>   Double ouch.
>
> > This is on my home PC and all that really is lost is some personal stuff
> > and various things I've been saving.
>
>   Triple ouch.  If you lost data, then that disk wasn't a backup, it was
> the primary copy.  :-(
>
>   There are two kinds of people in the IT world: Those who make backup
> copies, and those who will wish they had.

The third is those who have a potential (key word) data crash, panic,
discover they didn't really lose the 30G of legally ripped MP3s, then
create a two-level backup policy to make sure they don't have to sit in front
of their PC to re-rip 200 CDs.

Oh yea, and the 2G of digital camera shots that are really irreplaceable.

That reminds me.  Time to do a backup.

-Mark