DNS Admin questions

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Thu Dec 9 10:37:00 EST 2004

Hooray, my latest project is to cleanup our DNS servers. They do okay
and are fairly easy to manage, provided you do everything manually.

I'm not a big DNS guru by any means. I know a lot of people have
script/programs they use to manage DNS.

I have two questions. First, what is your favorite automated DNS tool
(we have 4 name servers, 3 linux with Bind and 1 Win2k DNS server).

Second, does anybody know of any program that you can feed a list of
domain names to and it will spit out the comany name the domain is
register to? Automated of course. A lot of stuff was put in here or
there into the named.conf file (no include, one HUGE file) so stuff is
kind of spread out everywhere.

Thanks