Decoding Microsoft (Outlook) Attachments

Jeff Smith jsmith at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 9 19:09:01 EST 2004

And, for those looking to transfer mail between Outlook and
real e-mail, a utility I've used is libpst.  Homepage is
at:  http://alioth.debian.org/projects/libpst/

It's failed on a few .pst files, mainly ones that were bad
in the first place.  Otherwise, I've had good luck moving
mail by exporting to .pst, then using libpst to convert to
a directory of e-mails (mh format).  Numerous options are
available to make it output how you want (standard e-mail,
mh directories, under the current directory, create a
directory, etc).

jeff