FSF looking for Sys Admin

Fred puissante at biz.puissante.com
Thu Dec 16 12:16:00 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 09:57, travis at scootz.net wrote:

> Living a 2min walk from work now I can say it is nice. Walk home for lunch
> and all that. But we also have facilites in Marlborough and Somerville so
> I have to travel to those now and then (I'm in Somerville today).

2 minute walk to work? I've got a 2-second walk to work -- roll out of
bed and plop down in my home office across the hallway to my 3-monitor
workstation, a laptop, a fax machine, and a hot cup of espresso that my
SO is so kind to get for me.

Once or twice a week I actually have to *drive* 5 minutes to the real
office to say "Hi!" to everyone, demonstrate a new feature or two I've
added to the software, and pick up my check.

I'm on call 24/7 for problems, but since I manage all the servers *from
home*, no big deal. And since I control all the systems, I can *make
sure* problems are a rarity so I don't get many calls.

You know, despite everything, it couldn't be better. And when I get
bored working at my home office, me and my laptop travel over to Borders
or some other hotspot point.

The only downside to this is that I am not getting enough exercise. How
ironic since I work for a fitness company. :-)

--
Fred -- fred at lrc.puissante.com -- place "[hey]" in your subject.
The mass of humans on planet Earth -- regard them as the ebbing