Taxes (Was: Re: FSF looking for Sys Admin)

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Mon Dec 20 11:48:01 EST 2004

> Thing I don't understand are the people who live in NH, but work in MA.
> Frankly, if I did that, I'd demand to vote in MA or refuse to pay the
> state income tax.

That's nothing. When I was unemployed looking for ANY work I was looking
for work in Maine. They tax your income based on your federal taxes.

Well I file jointly with my wife. That means that they would tax our
joint income for the state income tax in Maine.

So Dale's income would be subject to Maine income tax, even with her
working in NH, and never -EVER- stepping foot in Maine.

Their tax system is all screwy too.

There are people fighting this and not currently paying taxes. But it's
been going on for years, and if they lose then they have to pay all the
back taxes they haven't been paying.