Looking for a good portable linux system

Fred puissante at biz.puissante.com
Thu Dec 23 04:12:01 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 10:03, Dan Jenkins wrote:

> Since it is a scheduled task, why not just schedule it outside of
> presentation times?

slocate on my laptop is particularly annoying, since it is not always on
running Linux, and almost always runs slocate shortly after startup
right at the time I don't want it to.

So, I'll probably have to yank it out of the cron job altogether.
However, I do like using slocate -- it's fast.
--
Fred -- fred at lrc.puissante.com -- place "[hey]" in your subject.
The mass of humans on planet Earth -- regard them as the ebbing