port forwarding help!

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Sun Dec 26 16:38:00 EST 2004

jsf wrote:
> I have a WRTG54 Wireless Router.
>
> Where I'm having problems is port 80!... No matter what I try, on the
> router or on the laptop, I cannot seem to get requests to port 80
> forwarded, by the router, to the laptop.
>
> They just sort of freeze at the router.  I see the hits in the router
> log.. but I can't figure out whether:
>
> a) they're being held at the router or
> b) forwarded by the router but stopped by the laptop.

The WRTG54 listens on port 80 the internal network. It should not listen
on the WAN side, but make sure Admin->Management->Remote Router Access
is off or using a port other than 80.

Check Security->Firewall->Block WAN is off (at least for testing
purposes). They don't specify precisely what qualifies as a WAN request
to block. They may be considering port 80 something to block.

What do the laptop HTTP logs say?
Related question - can you access the laptop on port 80 from anyplace on
the internal network?

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951